Tuesday 11 October 2011

Business Quotes that will make you go... hmmm

On the heels of another wonderful holiday long weekend I thought it would be appropriate to share some of my favourite quotes.  The truth is these long weekends often times are more tiring than relaxing and lightening up the weekly blog seems to be the appropriate thing to do. 

Enjoy, and I would love to hear some of your favourites…
    · “When I asked my accountant if anything could get me out of this mess I am in with my business, he thought for a long time and said, ‘Yes, death would help’” – Robert Morley

·         “I don’t want any yes men around me.  I want everyone to tell me the truth…. Even if it costs him his job.” – Samuel Goldwyn

·         “I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early” – Charles Lamb

·         “His insomnia was so bad, he couldn’t sleep during office hours” – Arthur Baer

·         “When a man tells you that he got rich through hard work, ask him ‘Whose?’ ” – Don Marquis

·         “You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you’re going, because you might not get there” – Yogi Berra

·         “We didn’t actually overspend our budget.  The allocation simply fell short of our expenditure.” – Keith Davis

·         “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle” – Plato

·         “Most of what we call management consists of making it difficult for people to get their work done.” – Peter F. Drucker

And my current favourite…
·         “The definition of a consultant: Someone who borrows your watch, tells you the time and then charges you for the privilege.” – Anonymous


Do you have small business questions you would like answered about this article or others?  Please visit www.VRWindsor.com or call 519-903-7807. 
William Sivell is a sales representative of VR Windsor Inc., Business Brokerage; his blog appears every Tuesday.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment