Tuesday 1 January 2013

Favourite Business Quotes

On the heels of another wonderful holiday long weekend I thought it would be appropriate to share some of my favourite quotes.  The truth is these long weekends often times are more tiring than relaxing and lightening up the weekly blog seems to be the appropriate thing to do. 

Enjoy, and I would love to hear some of your favourites…

·         “The golden rule for every business man is this: Put yourself in your customer’s place”. – Orison Swett Marden

·         “The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can’t do.” – Dennis Waitley

·         “A man should never neglect his family for business.” – Walt Disney

·         “When I asked my accountant if anything could get me out of this mess I am in with my business, he thought for a long time and said, ‘Yes, death would help’” – Robert Morley

·         “Nobody talks about entrepreneurship as survival, but that’s exactly what it is and what nurtures creative thinking. Running that first shop taught me business is not financial science; it’s about trading: buying and selling.” – Anita Roddick

·         “The competitor to be feared is one who never bothers about you at all, but goes on making his own business better all the time.” – Henry Ford

·         “You’ve got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It’s called perseverance.” – Lee Iacocca

·         “Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games.” – Babe Ruth

And my current favourite…

“The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity.” – Peter F. Drucker

Do you have a small business question you would like answered about this article or others?
Bill Sivell is a salesperson with VR Windsor Inc. [www.vrwindsor.com] 519-903-7807, which sells businesses to buyers across Canada and around the world. His 14-year career includes diverse senior management positions in marketing, advertising, sales management and operations management. His blog appears every Tuesday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment